- Atkins Library has been a depository for Charlotte City and Mecklenburg County documents and publications since 1984.
- Documents include information about Charlotte history, neighborhoods, budgets, city planning, education, and minutes for city council and county commission meetings.
- The city and county departments where we have fairly strong coverage are Charlotte Budget & Evaluation, Mecklenburg Budget & Resource Management, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education, and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission. Coverage for other city and county departments varies widely.
- The collection includes some items from surrounding counties.
- All of the local documents are in the library catalog. These documents are located on the third floor and they do not circulate.
- For more information, view our research guide.
Location: 3rd floor, west side of the building, at the end of the US Documents Collection