- You can submit URLs for library owned electronic items. We can add a direct link in your reserve list.
- You can submit Adobe PDF files. We can transfer the files directly to your reserve list.
- You can submit 81/2 x 11 single-sided pages for scanning into an Adobe PDF file for your students to view electronically. To insure the best access for your students, submit the cleanest possible copy.
- A copy of the original copyright statement must accompany all electronic reserve requests. This information is often found on the back of the title page in books. Copyright statements for journal articles are usually located on the first page of the article itself or on the inside front cover of the journal.
- You can submit citations for pages from a book the library owns. We will pull the book and scan the pages for you. Please provide complete and accurate citation information for each item.
- You can submit citations for articles from a journal the library owns. We will locate the journal and scan the pages for you. Please provide complete and accurate citation information for each item.
- You may request a link to your Electronic Reserves list for inclusion in Blackboard or Moodle.
Things to Remember
- Items more than 30 pages in length are often slow in downloading/printing for students. Please consider dividing your readings into separate sections if any contain more than 30 pages.
- Individual electronic reserve readings must be from only one source. If a course reading consists of material from more than one source, divide it into separate readings before submitting for Course Reserves.
We are happy to assist you in determining the Educational Fair Use status of items submitted for electronic reserves. Be sure to include a copy of the original copyright statement for all copyrighted items. We will get back to you if there are any copyright issues that have to be addressed. This adds time to the processing procedure so submit materials early to insure they will be ready when your students need them!
For assistance please contact:
Carol Bellamy 704.687.1146 email@example.com
Bonnie Cole 704.687.1148 firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Pardue 704.687.1143 email@example.com
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org