J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, UNC Charlotte
Guide to the Land Records collection
Table of Contents
- J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, UNC Charlotte
- J. Murrey Atkins Library (University of North Carolina at Charlotte).
- Land Records collection
- Date [inclusive]
- 1801, 1811, 1862
- 3.0 Items
- General Physical Description note
- 16 leaves in various foliations
- Mixed materials [Box]
- Miscellaneous records (3 oversize documents, 1 framed), pertaining to property in Mecklenburg and Lincoln counties.
Preferred Citation note
Land Records Collection. J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Scope and Contents note
Miscellaneous records pertaining to property in Mecklenburg and Lincoln counties. Includes a property survey (2/15/1801) of 368 acres owned by Charles Connor in Mecklen¬burg County. Signed by John McKnitt Alexander; state land grant (12/5/1811) to Samuel Boyes for 30 acres in Mecklenburg County. Signed by North Carolina Governor Benjamin Smith. Attached is handwritten description (10/25/1811) of Boyes's property by surveyer John Black; and county land indenture (10/22/18¬62) to John Nixon for 165.75 acres in Lincoln County. Signed by William J. Hoke, Clerk and Master of Equity for Lincoln County.
J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, UNC Charlotte 19869201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC, 28223
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Alice Alexander Conner, 1986; some from unknown source.
Processing Information note
Processed by Randy Penninger, 1986.
Controlled Access Headings
- North Carolina. Office of Archives and History.
- North Carolina--History
- County government--North Carolina
- Land titles--North Carolina--Lincoln County--19th century
- Land titles--North Carolina--Mecklenburg County