J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, UNC Charlotte
Lynne Allred papers
Table of Contents
- J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, UNC Charlotte
- Allred, Lynne
- Lynne Allred papers
- circa 1976
- 3.0 Items
- Location note
- Interviews (cassette tapes) by Allred with LeGette Blythe (who covered the strike as a reporter for The Charlotte Observer) and Ralph Glenn (a high school teacher in Gastonia when the strike occurred) moved to Oral history collection.
- Mixed materials [Box]
Preferred Citation note
Lynne Allred Collection. J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Scope and Contents note
Material related to her research on the textile workers strike in Gastonia in 1929. Includes a copy of her paper, "The Gastonia Strike of 1929: Social and Judicial Injustice."
J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, UNC Charlotte 19939201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC, 28223
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Lynne Allred, ca. 1976.
Processing Information note
Processed by Randy Penninger, February, 1993.
Related Archival Materials note
General Textile Mill Strike Papers (ms428)
Controlled Access Headings
- National Textile Workers Union (U.S.). -- Trials, litigation, etc.
- Gastonia (N.C.)--History--20th century
- Gastonia (N.C.)--Trials, litigation, etc.
- Allred, Lynne
- Blythe, LeGette, 1900-1993 -- Interviews
- Glenn, Ralph Anderson, 1907-1995 -- Interviews
- Strikes and lockouts--Textile industry--North Carolina--Gastonia
- Textile Workers' Strike, Gastonia, N.C., 1929
- Textile workers--Labor unions--Southern States
- Trials (Conspiracy)--North Carolina--Gastonia