University of North Carolina at Charlotte University Archives
Inventory to the Douglas M. Orr papers
Table of Contents
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte University Archives
- Orr, Douglas Milton
- Douglas M. Orr papers
- Date [bulk]
- Bulk, 1986-1988
- Date [inclusive]
- 1985-90, undated
- 0.25 Linear feet
- General Physical Description note
- circa 450 items
- Mixed materials [Box]
- Material documenting Project Catalyst, a collaborative effort of the Citizens Forum and Johnson C. Smith University to revitalize the Biddleville/Five Points area surrounding the University in northwest Charlotte. Includes correspondence and memoranda, grant proposals, minutes and progress reports, and newspaper clippings. Orr served as the first chairperson of the Project Catalyst Task Force.
Preferred Citation note
Douglas M. Orr Papers. J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections, University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Project Catalyst is a collaborative Citizens Forum and Johnson C. Smith University effort to revitalize the area around the Smith campus and the contiguous Beatties Ford Road corridor extending from uptown Charlotte through the northwest quadrant of the city. Doug Orr, then vice chancellor for research and public service at UNC Charlotte, served as the first chairperson of the Project Catalyst Task Force.
Scope and Contents note
This collection consists entirely of material relating to Orr's membership on the Project Catalyst Task Force. The files are comprised of correspondence and memoranda, grant proposals, minutes and progress reports, and newspaper clippings. The Douglas M. Orr Papers are organized into a single, chronological series entitled "PROJECT CATALYST."
University of North Carolina at Charlotte University Archives 19949201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC, 28223
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Transfer from University Archives, 1993.
Processing Information note
Processed by Randy Penninger, 1994.
Related Archival Materials note
Timothy D. Mead Papers (Mss 181).
Controlled Access Headings
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Citizens Forum.
- Project Catalyst (Charlotte, N.C.).
- Charlotte (N.C.)--History
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.)--History
- Orr, Douglas Milton
- Urban renewal--North Carolina--Charlotte