UNC Charlotte faculty, staff, and students can request items that are not available in our collection. Please provide the complete citation information for the item you are requesting.
Click here to login to your Interlibrary Loan Account
Article and Book Chapter Delivery
UNC Charlotte faculty, staff, and students can request any article from the library's print and microfilm periodical collections be scanned and sent to their Interlibrary Loan accounts without leaving their office or home! With this service, eligible patrons can:
- Request any article (up to 30 pages) from the library's print periodical collection.
- Request any article (up to 20 pages) from the library's microfilm and microfiche collection
- Have it scanned and sent to their Interlibrary Loan account.
- Most articles should be received within 24 hours on weekdays.
Click here to request that an article or book chapter be sent to your UNCC email.
UNC Charlotte Students can now use the "Request" button feature within the catalog to request that a book be held for you at the Circulation desk. Once you click this button and login to your library account, you will be able to easily request the book to be retrieved. Some guidelines for the book retrieval service are:
- If an item is Available or Checked Out, we will either pull the book from the shelves or recall it from another user.
- Requests submitted on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be processed the following Monday morning.
To place a request, do the following:
Go to the catalog: http://library.uncc.edu/catalog/
Search the catalog, and Click the Request button towards the top of the screen when you find an item you want.
After clicking the "Request" button, you will login to your library account
After logging in, select the item you want to request, and click on the "REQUEST SELECTED ITEM" button
You will be notified through your UNCC email account when the item is ready for pickup at the Circulation Desk if the item was checked out.
- You will not be notified through email if the item status is "Available" in the catalog at the time of the request. These items are automatically held at the Circulation Desk for 7 days for pick up.
Atkins Library is proud to provide to our students with a limited number of ebooks and supplemental readings for your courses. We are pleased to be able to make available over 100 ebooks available for the Fall semester. Please click here for student ebook access.
eBooks for Faculty
Atkins Library is proud to provide our faculty with a database of course adoption titles that are available in eBook format. Please click here for faculty ebook access.