Group Study Room Policy
Purpose: To provide currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students with library areas appropriate for collaborative work.
- Group Study Rooms are available only to currently registered UNC Charlotte students.
- Group Study Room reservations are self-booked by clicking on the “Group Study Room” link provided on the Atkins Library home page. A UNC Charlotte log-in is required for booking. (Please call or visit the Atkins Information Desk (704-687-0494) if you have any questions or need assistance).
- Reservation periods shall be from 30 minutes to a maximum of three hours, during regular Library hours, with no “back to back” booking and only two weeks advance booking. Reservations are limited to one room at a time per group.
- Group Study Rooms are restricted to "collaborative" use only (collaborative means more than one person). There are no study rooms available for individual use.
- Group Study Rooms are to be used for classroom or research related activities.
- Groups should not leave their rooms unattended during their reserved period. If Groups leave early they should inform Information Desk Staff. Groups failing to have at least two members present after 15 minutes of the booking time may forfeit their reservation.
- Please be mindful that study rooms are not sound-proof. Keep voices to a moderate level so that nearby persons cannot hear your conversations. No loud music or boisterous activity. All library policies apply to persons using Groups Study Rooms. For example, group behavior must always be appropriate to the Library setting in accordance with the "Atkins Patron Conduct Policy."
- Furnishings from other parts of the Library may not be brought into the Group Study Rooms without Library permission.
- Faculty wishing to use Group Study Rooms for their classes are referred to the UNCC "Classroom Assignment Policy". The Atkins Library must abide by this policy, which means that faculty may not book Atkins Library Group Study Rooms for their regularly scheduled classes.
- If registered with Disability Services, patrons may book areas equipped with disability software and equipment in advance, with no time limit, and use these areas on an individual basis.
Please contact the Information Desk on the first floor (704-687-0494) or Beth Scarborough at Beth.Scarborough@uncc.edu (704-687-0496) with any questions.