A faculty/staff member may authorize the library to issue a Family Borrower's Card to individuals in his/her household, including a spouse and/or children (minimum age of 13), by completing a registration form at the Circulation Desk. The faculty/staff member is responsible for materials checked out using the Family Borrower's Card.
- There is no fee for the Family Borrower's Card. Each card is valid for one year.
- The library card may be used only by the person to whom it was issued. A driver's license or other photo ID must be presented along with the library card at the time of checkout.
- Users may borrow up to 6 items at a time.
- The guaranteed loan period is 21 days. All items are subject to recall by university patrons.
- If item is not overdue and has not been recalled, it may be renewed a maximum of 2 times by calling the Circulation Desk at 704-687-0491 .
- Family Card borrowers may not recall an item that has been checked out to another patron.
- Fines on overdue recalled items are $1.00 per day.
- Family Card borrowers are not eligible for the Interlibrary Loan Service.
- Electronic resources are only accessible in the Library; Family Card borrowers will not be able to access electronic resources off campus.