Study Room Policy
Purpose: To provide currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students with library areas appropriate for collaborative work.
- Study Rooms are available only to currently registered UNC Charlotte students. Study Rooms must be booked in the online system before use.
- Study Room reservations are self-booked by clicking on the “Study Room” link provided on the Atkins Library home page. A UNC Charlotte log-in is required for booking. (Please call or visit the Atkins Circulation Desk, first floor, (704-687-0491) if you have any questions or need assistance).
- Reservation periods shall be from 30 minutes to a maximum of three hours, during regular Library hours, with no “back to back” booking and only two weeks advance booking. Reservations are limited to one room at a time per group.
- Study Rooms are to be used for classroom or research related activities.
- Groups are required to check in at one of the library information kiosks located throughout the building and display their receipt in the plastic holder outside of the reserved room. Groups should not leave their rooms unattended during their reserved period. If groups leave early they should release the reservation through the study room reservation system. Groups must be checked in and in the room no later than 15 minutes after the scheduled reservation start time or they may forfeit their reservation.
- Please be mindful that Study Rooms are not sound-proof. Keep voices to a moderate level so that nearby persons cannot hear your conversations. No loud music or boisterous activity. All library policies apply to persons using Study Rooms. For example, group behavior must always be appropriate to the Library setting in accordance with the "Atkins Patron Conduct Policy."
- Furnishings from other parts of the Library may not be brought into the Study Rooms without Library permission.
- Faculty wishing to use Study Rooms for their classes are referred to the UNCC "Classroom Assignment Policy". The Atkins Library must abide by this policy, which means that faculty may not book Atkins Library Study Rooms for their regularly scheduled classes.
- If registered with Disability Services, patrons may book areas equipped with disability software and equipment in advance, with no time limit, and use these areas on an individual basis.
Please contact the Circulation Desk on the first floor (704-687-0491) with any questions.