Printing, Copying, and Scanning
Printers are available in the library on the ground, first, second, and third floors.
- Printing Instructions (Repros website)
- Printing Instructions PDF
- How to release a print from a library printer
Copiers are available on the first and second floors of the library.
Cost for Prints and Copies
- 9¢ per page for black and white
- 30¢ per page for color
Students: Paying for Printing and Copying with a 49er ID Card
Students can pay for printing and copying using funds from their 49er account, using their 49er ID card. (The 49er account is separate from the Optional Dining Account that also resides on the 49er ID card.)
Adding Funds to your 49er Account
There are three ways to add funds to your 49er Account:
- Add cash at the Value Transfer Stations (VTS) located on the first and second floors of the library.
- Online with a debit or credit card via the Auxiliary Services website.
- In-person using cash, debit, or credit by going to the 49er Card Office in the Student Union.
Guests: Paying for Printing and Copying
Guests in Atkins Library that don't have a 49er Account can pick up and pay for print jobs at Atkins Library.
Scanners are available on the first and second floors of the library. Scanning in the library is free.
The Scannx Book ScanCenter is a self-service book scanning station that creates digital copies of printed material. The Scannx station features a flatbed document scanner, optical character recognition technology, and a touchscreen interface. You can scan individual sheets or bound materials to create PDFs or JPEG documents and email them as attachments or save to a flash drive. (Notetakers for Disability Services are encouraged to use this station to easily scan and upload notes.)
3D printers are available in the Makerspace, and you can either learn how to use them or send us your file, and we can print it for you. Find our more on our 3D Printing page.
Large Format Printing
The Makerspace has a large format printer used for poster-sized prints. Find out more on our Large Format Printing page.