What is 3D Printing?
3D printers use digital models to create three-dimensional objects. They deposit plastic filament one layer at a time in a process called fused deposition modeling.
We have six 3D printers:
- Four Lulzbot Taz 6 3D printers
- Two JellyBox 3D Printers
How do I use the 3D printers?
You have two options!
You can train on the 3D printer and set the print yourself. Check our Technology Instruction page for training times.
Send us your file
We can print it for you. Here’s how!
- Upload your .stl or .obj file to the 3D Print Request Form, where you’ll tell us your color choice and any other guidelines.
- We’ll email you a cost estimate. It’s $0.25 per gram with a $1 minimum.
- Once we get your ok, we’ll print it.
- When it’s done, we’ll send you an email. You can pick up your print at the Circulation Desk on the first floor, where you can also pay your balance.