Take a look at the Area 49 Fall 2020 Access & Use Changes!
What is it?
Area 49 is designed to encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration, experimentation, and exploration. These spaces provide students and researchers access to specialized equipment that enables Area 49 to serve as the catalyst for ideation, innovation, and entrepreneurial research and development.
Can I use it?
If you are a current student, faculty, or staff member, then yes! Haven’t had experience? That’s ok! Some of the most rewarding experiences come from beginners who are just curious.
What do I do here?
Think about how to approach something differently;
- Play a game;
- Uncover the mechanics of something small;
- Make something;
- Use technology to explain an idea;
- Record a video;
- Record a podcast;
- Prototype an item;
- Experiment with something you haven't used before;
- Push your own boundaries;
- Join a workshop;
- Engage with ideas in new ways;
- Learn about amazing resources you can use;
- Ask questions and get help;
- Figure out an idea and make it happen!
Check out all of our spaces and services!